The words "cigarette" and "health" are incompatible with each other, and the consequences can be the most irreversible, and a person of any age should know about the dangers of smoking. Nicotine is a powerful toxin that gradually destroys the cells of the bronchopulmonary system, and then the entire body. Therefore, realizing the colossal harm of smoking, it is important to finally get rid of this destructive addiction, take a number of preventive measures for the final elimination of toxic substances.
what is smoking
This bad habit is a global problem of our time, because every year it quickly "rejuvenates". The number of male smokers is constantly growing, and the female body is often characterized by such a deadly addiction. Smoking tobacco is equated with alcohol addiction, since in both cases a person can die from deadly diseases. In recent years, many people have become aware of this problem and have quit smoking, but the younger generation is still eager to "try everything".
How many harmful substances are in a cigarette?
Useful information to keep in mind for heavy smokers: a cigarette contains about 4, 000 chemical compounds, 40 of which are poisons that are dangerous to health. These are carbon dioxide, arsenic, nicotine, cyanide, benzapyrene, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, hydrocyanic acid. After arbitrary inhalation of tobacco smoke (this applies to the health of passive smokers), pathological processes also predominate in the body, causing radioactive substances such as polonium, lead and bismuth. This chemical composition only provides the harm of tobacco.
What is harmful smoking?
The chemicals contained in cigarettes can be lethal to humans if they enter the body for a long time. Thousands of people die each year from destructive addiction at a relatively young age, and even more are prone to chronic coughs, bronchitis, obstructive pulmonary disease, and other illnesses with unforeseen clinical outcomes. Therefore, it is important to treat tobacco dependence and the consequences of its prevalence in a person's life in a timely manner.
The harm of smoking on the human body.
During a period of prolonged exposure to nicotine, all internal organs and systems suffer, since in smokers the blood is not enriched with oxygen, but with toxic substances. This pathological condition favors atherosclerosis, becoming the main cause of most cardiovascular diseases. However, health problems do not end there, the presence of addictions contributes to a decrease in intellectual abilities and not only.
The first step is to take into account that nicotine can negatively affect the potency of the stronger sex. Men who smoke for a long time do their best to deal with erectile dysfunction before the age of 40. For a full life and an active representative of the stronger sex, this is a tragedy, so you should not bring your own body to the appearance of these pathologies. In addition to heart disease, health problems can include:
- chronic bronchitis;
- lack of oxygen to the tissues (hypoxia);
- progressive retinal dystrophy;
- decreased visual acuity, hearing;
- deterioration in the appearance and structure of the skin;
- exacerbation of nervous diseases;
- chronic cough;
- gradual yellowing, destruction of tooth enamel;
- malignant tumors.
These pathologies are partially characteristic of the female body, if the weaker sex smokes. Nicotine in high concentration provokes a chronic form of bronchitis, emphysema, does not exclude the presence of diagnosed infertility. Smoking gradually kills, but at first it makes a woman an invalid. If we talk about diseases of the respiratory tract, then nicotine is not limited to such a pathological process. Cigarettes damage the body on a massive scale, and here are the clinical pictures that occur:
- nicotine contributes to miscarriage in early pregnancy;
- the presence of a persistent cough of a smoker becomes the norm of everyday life;
- smoking increases the risk of myocardial infarction, stroke of the cerebral vessels;
- negative effects extend to the skin, contribute to its aging;
- there is a change in the timbre of the voice, constantly worrying about dry cough;
- smoking can cause lung cancer;
- nicotine can cause deep depression;
- smoking causes mental disorders prone to relapse;
- the vessels of the stomach under the influence of nicotine pathologically narrow, peristalsis is disturbed;
- Cigarettes cause serious damage to the structure of nails, hair, and teeth.
for the child's body
Teenagers also "dabble in cigarettes, " not understanding how they can suffer from nicotine's negative effects later in life. Smoking increases the risk of developing chronic diseases and the health consequences may be the most irreparable: death from lung cancer at a relatively young age. Drinking alcohol and smoking causes the following pathologies in adolescents:
- a cigarette reduces intellectual abilities, significantly inhibits psychomotor functions;
- the consequences of smoking for a student are accompanied by a risk of diseases of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems;
- cigarette damage becomes the main cause of cancer, the formation of tumors not only in the bronchopulmonary system;
- if a teenager becomes addicted to such a drug, the consequences affect the physical and mental state;
- bad habits disrupt metabolism, increase body weight and contribute to the development of obesity.
Realizing how smoking affects the human body, it is important to be aware of all existing diagnoses that a smoker may face personally at a young age. Less, but also noticeable harm from smoking hookah. If a person constantly smokes, then you need to understand that the following chronic diseases with the most unexpected clinical outcome can overtake him:
- chronic bronchitis;
- emphysema of the lung;
- malignant lung tumor;
- vascular atherosclerosis;
- myocardial infarction;
- endarteritis obliterans;
- impotence and frigidity;
- pulmonary embolism;
- congenital deformities of the child;
- extensive pathologies of the digestive tract;
- diagnosed infertility;
Smoking is harmful to health and colossal. Nicotine with prolonged exposure causes cell mutation, promotes the formation of malignant neoplasms. The problem is aggravated by genetic predisposition to such pathologies. Oncology ends in death, and a person can die at a young age. The disease brings physical torment and mental suffering, and the pathological process cannot always be stopped. Therefore, it is important to explain to the child at an early age why smoking is harmful.
The harm of smoking to others
Giving up bad habits is not only good for your health, but also for others. The harm of cigarette smoking is felt by passers-by and close relatives who have to regularly come into contact with a heavy smoker. The nicotine in tobacco smoke causes an increased heart rate, heart rhythm disturbances, coughing, and even severe asthma attacks. When faced with passive smoking, here are some things to be especially careful about:
- risk of miscarriage (for pregnant women who smoke);
- reduced fertility;
- depressive state;
- redness, eye irritation;
- dry throat, sweating;
- coughing fits, choking;
- decline in performance.
The harm of smoking is already evident after the first cigarette, as a sore throat, an unpleasant smell and dryness of the mucous membranes in the throat appear. This is just the beginning, in the future changes in the body may become irreversible. Here's what heavy smokers should be especially careful about:
- increased concentration of fatty acids and cholesterol in the blood;
- increased risk of sudden death;
- development of cardiac ischemia in women;
- increased risk of atherosclerosis.
Statistics report that every year up to 3, 000 people of all ages die from passive smoking. If a child has parents who smoke, about 2, 700 newborns and children in their first year of life die from SIDS. Due to extensive pathologies of the myocardium and the cardiovascular system, up to 62, 000 people die annually. The data collected is not comforting, so before lighting another cigarette, it is important to always remember such shocking statistics.