It's no secret that smoking is an addictive addiction. People who smoke are more prone to neuroses, as well as cardiovascular diseases. Furthermore, they endanger the people around them, in particular their household members and the environment. One of the best ways to break this habit is with smoking pills.
The desire to quit smoking forces a person to go to the end: traditional medicine, hypnosis. However, all of this may just not help, and hypnosis is not a joke at all. Some have switched to electronic vaping, which does no less harm to the body. The risk of smoking poor quality electronic steam generators has not been canceled. In addition, the devices repeatedly exploded and injured people.
Types of smoking cessation pills
All drugs that help smoking are divided into several groups:
- Nicotine substitutes;
It is difficult to distinguish the effectiveness of any type of fund. Each organism is individual, so this or that medicine will do. Here, motivation to quit smoking is important and only contributes to taking medication.
Cytisine belongs to the class of alkaloids and is similar to nicotine. Based on this, this drug is an excellent alternative to help you quit smoking. If a person taking Cytisine tries a cigarette, they will develop nausea, reminiscent of a nicotine overdose.
Every day the product will accumulate and the effect of disgust will manifest itself more strongly. The smoker will gradually reduce the number of cigarettes smoked and then give up completely. Cytisine replaces smoking, as similar substitute substances enter the body. Thanks to this, the smoker does not suffer from a lack of them.
Citizine smoking pills are contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.
Possible side effects that may appear:
- dry mouth, problems with stool;
- nervousness, insomnia, headaches;
- increased heart rate;
- sudden weight loss;
- increased blood pressure.
An important advantage: this tool has a low cost, which is why it is available to many. Cytisine is available at almost any pharmacy.
The drug containing nicotine does not differ in its principle of action from the previous drug: substances similar to nicotine enter the body and help to stop smoking without suffering. If this remedy is used regularly, then it works quite effectively.
Side effects of a smoking pill overdose can appear as:
- paralysis of the respiratory organs;
Tranquilizing group remedies
Tranquilizers are the most effective remedies for depression with a lack of nicotine. These medications cannot replace this substance in the body, therefore these medications will only help for a while.
- Antidepressant medications that affect the brain. Quitting smoking after taking the drug feels euphoric. This is due to the production of dopamine. The drug is perfect for people who smoke more than 10 cigarettes a day. After all, the harm from nicotine is very destructive to the human body. The prices are relatively high, so this is the main drawback of the drug. The remedy can only be prescribed by a doctor and is available by prescription. An antidepressant can be addictive.
- Tetramethyltetraazabicyclooctanedione. Remedy for smoking, characterized by rapid assimilation by the human body. The effect of taking the pill will appear in half an hour and will last 4 hours, it is excreted in the urine, like all drugs from the group of antidepressants. The action manifests itself by relieving stress, fear, depression. Medication does not cause drowsiness, performance is maintained, sleep is normalized. This antidepressant does not cause secondary symptoms, only in case of individual intolerance to the substances in the composition.
Before drug treatment with tetramethyltetraazabicyclooctanedione, you should read the rules for taking the drug. After all, an overdose can happen:
- gastrointestinal disorder;
- lower blood pressure;
- decrease in body temperature.
Important! Scientists have shown that a smoker has a 50% higher risk of losing his life than a Russian roulette player.
Drugs with disgusting properties
Varenicline is the most effective smoking cessation agent. The action of the drug consists of the effect of varenicline on the brain, which prevents the desire to smoke. The creators of this drug received an important award in the field of medicine. Thanks to varenicline, a large number of people who quit were able to quit, many of whom had smoked for many years.
The drug should not be used if you have:
- allergy to substances in the preparation;
- kidney disease;
- under the age of 18;
- period of pregnancy and lactation.
The side effects of smoking cessation medications are difficult to isolate as they can be confused with the side effects of quitting smoking. A person may feel generally weak, become irritable, and gain weight.
Sedative containing oat extract. It has a beneficial effect on the nervous system, thus reducing the desire to smoke. The advantage lies in the gradual withdrawal of nicotine.
The drug does not harm the human body, but, on the contrary, helps to improve the state of the respiratory organs, the liver and the gastrointestinal tract. This medicine contains glycine. It does not have a negative effect, because this substance is found in human tissues, the brain and the spinal cord. This substance participates in the metabolic process. Additionally, glycine helps relieve stress. The content of puaeria (medicinal herb) has a positive effect on the brain.
The tandem of wisteria and pueria creates a very effective sedative. Secondary symptoms manifest in:
- heart palpitations.
The drug should not be taken during pregnancy and lactation. There was individual intolerance to some pharmaceutical substances.
Thai pills are also good for quitting smoking. They contain many herbs that cause the aversion effect to tobacco products. According to the manufacturers, the drug is of completely natural origin without contraindications. Produced in the form of small peas.
Even the best smoking cessation tools will fail when the person is not motivated or has no willpower. Thanks to the pills, the result is only amplified in the fight against the habit. Also, the medicinal herbs in these products cleanse the body of accumulated toxins well.
Nicotine withdrawal anxiety medications help a person cope with a stressful situation with a bad mood and depression. These properties have a beneficial effect on the smoker and act in such a way that the person does not succumb to the great temptation to resume smoking.
Fabomotizole is a sedative drug that promotes the proper functioning of the nervous system and eradicates addiction. The remedy does not depress the human body. It can be used in combination with other anti-smoking drugs.
After taking fabomotizole, patients improved their sleep and mood. This drug will not be addictive, so it can be used immediately in the correct dose. As a disadvantage, it can be noted that if you stop taking this drug within 14 days, it is better not to start using another drug.
Fabomotizol can cause:
- severe headache;
- increased libido;
- nausea, vomiting.
The drug should not be taken during pregnancy and lactation, with individual intolerance to substances in the composition. Taking anti-smoking medications is not recommended for anyone under 18 years of age. At this age, the addiction to nicotine has not yet formed and you can quit smoking thanks to your own will power.
Glycine is a sedative that can help relieve tension and improve performance. As an auxiliary drug, it gently affects the body of a smoker. Good for heavy smokers. For people with a long history of smoking, glycine won't help. Disadvantage: When taken in combination, glycine reduces the effect of strong anti-smoking agents. In order for the body to recover from the effects of nicotine, you must take the vitamins that your doctor prescribes.
Important! More than 50% of children suffer from secondhand smoke. Due to the negligence of adults, they can get serious illnesses!
Changes in the body after quitting smoking. To kick a bad nicotine habit, don't just rely on the miraculous effect of pills. A person must really want to quit smoking and go firmly towards his goal and not jump at critical moments. The body will gradually be weaned, but in the process of fierce fighting, you can completely overcome this ailment.
- After 12 hours of quitting smoking, the restoration of the respiratory system will begin;
- The smoker's cough will gradually decrease;
- The cells will be saturated with oxygen;
- At first, a person will feel the most discomfort due to cleansing the body of toxins;
- Bad breath will go away in a week;
- On the 21st, the body is almost completely free of accumulated harmful substances;
- In a couple of days, the cough will take over again, but thanks to it, the toxins accumulated over the years will leave the human body;
- Excessive sweating will occur as additional harmful substances are removed;
- The gastrointestinal tract restoration process will begin;
- The brain will get enough blood and oxygen, so the blood pressure can rise. It is important to be more outdoors;
- Smell and taste will sharpen and your appetite will increase.
All the people who quit smoking felt all this.