Addiction brings enormous damage to the body in the form of serious diseases,unpleasant smell from the mouth, yellowish skin, increased fatigue. The health of passive smokers suffers even more. The conclusion is suggested: you should stop smoking so as not to poison your life and that of those around you. Many smoking men and women ask themselves: is it possible to say goodbye to a bad habit on your own, easily and simply? You can, by following a few simple rules. But simply or easily, it will depend on you personally.
A bit about a bad habit
Nicotine has a negative effect on human health. Smokers may experience ailments of the heart and blood vessels, stomach and intestines, bronchial tubes, and lungs. A dangerous hobby provokes the appearance of oncological diseases much more often than in non-smoking patients. In men, these are problems with potency, in women - infertility. Newlyweds who smoke create an unhealthy foundation for the development of future children.
The cigarette is a real poison that slowly kills the health of a nation.
Get rid of nicotine addiction on our own
First, make an important and unwavering decision about quitting smoking. Next:
- Eliminate the first companions of cigarettes: coffee and alcohol from the established diet. Consume compotes and juices, jams and tea.
- Postpone meeting with smoking friends for at least a month.
- If you are tormented by the urge to smoke, drink a glass of water, eat an apple, a peppermint, chew gum.
- Avoid over time those situations and places where you smoked most frequently: clubs, places of entertainment, lunches at work, trips with friends to nature.
- Eliminate habits that can remind you of smoking: lighters and ashtrays, pipes and souvenir mouthpieces.
- You should not keep a pack of cigarettes at home "just in case". One must get rid of them immediately, so that temptation does not torment.
- Save money every day that you would expect to spend on cigarettes. With the amount collected, buy yourself something nice that you have long dreamed of.
- Get active or model, exercise, visit the pool. Increase sports loads gradually.
- Spend a lot of time outdoors, walking in parks, near bodies of water.
- Take bike rides. In your spare time, listen to good music, watch interesting movies, read and reread exciting books.
- Find an activity for yourself that can distract you from obsessive thoughts and desires. For example, women can sew, embroider, weave; men - carpentry.
- Cultivate both strength and will in your character. These qualities will help you stay on target in the middle.
- Think about the pleasant changes that will occur to you over time after breaking up your "relationship" with a cigarette. These include: excellent health and a fresh complexion, thick hair and white teeth, an athletic figure and well-groomed appearance, erudition and intelligence, healthy children, and a good mood.
People's Recommendations for Yesterday's Smokers
Herbalists also have a lot of helpful advice. Your recipes will help ease the process of saying goodbye with a cigarette:
- Grind the oats. Pour three teaspoons of the product with a glass of boiled water. Place over low heat for five minutes. Insist for an hour. Strain and take the infusion three times a day before a meal, a third of a glass for thirty days.
- Eat a few drops of fish oil with bread for a month.
- Prepare a teaspoon of loose Indian or Ceylon tea with two cups of boiled water. Add nettle leaves, mint, fragrant rue, chicory roots in half a teaspoon to the tea leaves. Leave the tea for 10 minutes. After filtering, consume half a glass two or three times during the day.
- Pour two teaspoons of eucalyptus leaves with a glass of boiled water. Let infuse for an hour. Strain the infusion and add honey with glycerin, a tablespoon of each component. Drink this infusion for a month 4 times a day for 1/2 cup.
If you use traditional medicine recipes, you can quit on your own.