With the rise in cigarette prices and the ban on smoking in public places, all cigarettes matter. Make sure you know how to properly enjoy smoking a cigarette. Smoking cigarettes can have very serious consequences for your health, including cancer. But if you have weighed all the risks and decided to smoke a cigarette, you also need to know all the right nuances of smoking. With the right brand, location, and technique, you can get the most out of your cigarettes.
Select a cigarette
- Choose your favorite brand of cigarettes.Often a beginning smoker will choose light or super light cigarettes.This is recommended because the nicotine content of these cigarettes is usually very low. Once you realize that you really need to smoke cigarettes, try enjoying smoking. The only way to know which brand you like best is to try a variety. Experiment with this.
Taste is subjective. So you may have to try trial and error before you find a brand of cigarettes that you really like.
- Consider menthol cigarettes.If you find that regular cigarettes taste strong, consider switching to menthol cigarettes. Menthol cigarettes contain a non-tobacco additive that produces a minty flavor when inhaled. Most of the major cigarette brands contain the menthol variety.
- If you don't like mint-flavored foods and drinks, you probably don't like menthol cigarettes. They have a very strong mint flavor.
- If you have smoked regular cigarettes in the past, you may not like menthol cigarettes. Many people who have acquired a taste for natural cigarettes are not very fond of mints.
- Carnation smoking.Clove is a common spice used in cooking and baking. Cloves can be flavored with tobacco to create a flavorful cigarette.
- If you don't like the taste of menthol and regular cigarettes, cloves may be a good middle ground. The added flavor can make them taste harsher than a regular cigarette. However, the taste is much milder than that of menthol.
- Nails can be very strong, so be careful when smoking. Since they can make you look frivolous, don't smoke cloves while driving.
- Try flavored cigarettes. If you are looking for a special flavor, there is a wide variety of flavored cigarettes on the market. Cigarettes come in many flavors like cherry, chocolate, orange, mango, etc. The taste is pretty obvious. The cigarettes taste similar to the label. Flavored cigarettes can be a good option if you don't like regular cigarettes, but you don't like cloves and menthol either.
Light a cigarette
- Hit a pack of cigarettes.Most cigarette brands benefit from good packaging. Tamp the cigarette packet, this makes the cigarette tobacco thicken, which makes the cigarettes burn more slowly and increases the flavor of the tobacco. Before opening the plastic wrap around your pack, flatten the pack of cigarettes and lower the pack with the filter into the palm of your hand and shake the cigarettes for 10-20 seconds.
- Turn the closed pack upside down so that the opening through which the cigarettes should be drawn is facing down.
- Replace your free hand.
- Hit the cigarette pack firmly in the palm of your hand three times.
- Rotate the package 180 degrees (still upside down).
- Repeat tamping to ensure that the cigarettes seal evenly at both ends of the pack.
- Know when NOT to shake. Some cigarettes are already full of tobacco.
- Use a good lighter.Not only will early cigarettes differ from the higher quality lighter, but you will also learn to love and appreciate your lighter if it is of higher quality.
- Light a cigarette.Bring the end of the cigarette filter to your lips. Light your lighter and bring the flame just below the end of the cigarette. Pull deeply two or three times while the flame still touches the end of the cigarette to light properly. Do this until the entire end of the cigarette is on and off. You can twist the cigarette when you light it if it doesn't burn evenly.
Smoking a cigarette
- Cigarette smoke.When you smoke, make sure you are not in a hurry, that you will not be disturbed, and that you are alone or with people you like. This will allow you to enjoy your smoking time much more, especially if you have smoking friends.
- Breathe in a cigarette. Bringing the cigarette to your lips, you shouldn't miss your teeth. Bring the lit cigarette to your lips, then gently inhale the smoke, continue to inhale it evenly into your lungs, hold the smoke there for a second, then inhale normally through your mouth, drawing air into your lungs. It also helps reduce mouth cancer. For the initial stage, shallow puffs should be taken, as a deep breath can cause coughing.
- When inhaling, do not hold the smoke in your mouth and exhale quickly.
- Some people recommend that you lightly moisten your lips with your tongue before putting a cigarette in your mouth to prevent the cigarette from sticking to your lips.
- Exhale the smoke.After inhaling, leave the smoke in your lungs for a short time and then exhale. Inhale as usual for lung volume, wait a bit, and then exhale. To check if you smoke correctly and if smoke enters your lungs, breathe out through your nose. Inhale and if the smoke doesn't come out of your nose, it stays in your mouth.
- Extinguishes successfully.Once you are done, do not let the fire touch the filter. Filter fumes are terrible to smell and taste.The cigarette should be in the ashtray every time it almost reaches the filter. Remember to brush off your cigarette. Shake the cigarette in the ashtray if there is ash. There is no exact length to place a cigarette in an ashtray, so keep an eye on the cigarette.
- Tap the cigarette with your index finger to shake off the ash at the end, do this on the ashtray.
- Do not brush the ashes on the floor, it may accidentally burn your clothes or leave permanent stains on your clothes.
- Put out your cigarette.Once you have smoked a cigarette, put it out in the ashtray. Going out, after smoking, put out a good cigarette and throw it away. A fire can easily be started from a cigarette butt not extinguished and thrown incorrectly. There are several ways to extinguish cigarettes:
- You can extinguish a cigarette by pressing it against a flat surface until it stops burning.
- You can bang your cigarette on the ashtray several times until it goes out.
- You can also drop the cigarette butt to the ground and trample the flames with your boot. Remember that this will leave a black mark on the pavement. Pick up the cigarette butt and throw it away.
- If you don't have an ashtray and you don't want to leave big marks on the asphalt, turning it off with your boot, then you can release the light. That is, you have to click on the cigarette so that its burning part falls off. Turning off a light that has been dropped will leave a smaller dot. Do not forget to throw the cigarette butt in the trash.
- Hold the cigarette correctly.Hold the cigarette between your index and middle fingers somewhere on the filter. How exactly to hold it depends on what is comfortable for you.Be careful of the lit end of your cigarette when holding it. You could accidentally burn someone.
- Don't gesture with your cigarette.If you have to point to something during a conversation, use your other hand. The hand holding the cigarette should be relatively still, except when the cigarette is raised to the lips.
- Ask before lighting a cigarette when visiting.If you're visiting or in the car, don't light a cigarette without asking. If someone doesn't want you to smoke in your home, be respectful.
- Control yourself.Do not throw cigarettes away without putting them out completely, as this could cause a fire. Don't throw cigarettes on the ground without thinking. Dont throw trash. The cigarette should be put out in an ashtray or on a hard surface and then discarded. Tips:
- Never smoke too many cigarettes at one time, as this can cause nausea and a sore throat.
- Smoking cigarettes is expensive, so limit yourself to a certain number of cigarettes per day. Don't spend all your money on them!
- Try different brands and varieties of cigarettes to find the one you like best.
- We recommend switching to electronic cigarettes.
- Check the smoking legislation.
- Don't litter! Always dispose of cigarette butts properly.
- You can carry a pocket ashtray with you if you often find yourself in a situation where you cannot find a place to dispose of your cigarette butts.
- Carry mint-scented hand lotions or use peppermint body deodorants to mask the smell of cigarettes from people you don't like.
- Smoking is very dangerous and harmful to almost all organs.
- Smoking and secondhand smoke during pregnancy have a negative effect on the development of the embryo, increasing the risk of miscarriage. It also increases the probability of premature birth, birth defects, sudden infant death syndrome.
- Secondhand smoke can also cause cancer, so try not to smoke around people who don't want to be harmed by the toxins from your smoking habit.
- Try not to expose children to secondhand smoke, as they may not have enough knowledge to independently guess how to get out of the smoke zone.
- Nicotine is addictive, once smoking becomes a habit, it is very difficult to quit.
- Nicotine overdose can cause a sore throat, headache, and nausea. If you are new to smoking, don't smoke too much at once.
- Nicotine overdose can lead to intoxication with abdominal pain, shortness of breath, vomiting, headache, confusion, and loss of consciousness. Call an ambulance immediately if you suspect a person has nicotine poisoning.
- The smell of cigarette smoke tends to permeate clothing, hair, and breath.
- Always dispose of cigarette butts responsibly. An unstuck cigarette butt can cause a fire.